Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Taking the Plunge!


It’s rainy, wet and overcast in the beautiful land of South Africa. Sitting here with a cup of hot Kenya AA medium roasted coffee is about as good as it gets in this part of the world. It’s a good thing I have this coffee, because for the first time, I am taking the plunge into the wacky world of the Blog, which I never thought I’d ever bring myself to do.

Random musings...

South Africa’s incredible Springbok team are through to the quarterfinals of the Rugby World Cup after having defeated the Americans 64 to 15, and now we hope they will hold on to their winning streak and go all the way.

Family news...
Jean Marc is back in school after a two week break and ever so looking forward to the end of the school year as he is excited more than ever to move on to the 2nd grade in January. Nicole is eager as well to get into school, but will have to wait a little longer as she is just a little too young.

In over our heads...
Speaking of taking the plunge, Carol and I are well, but trying our best to keep our heads above a water bill that the water company seems to be trying to hit us with that makes us look like we have an Olympic size pool in our back yard that we would have to fill every month to come to the kilolitre’s they are saying we use. Needless to say, due to the confusion between the meter readers and the municipality, we were hit with a water bill last month that was well over $1000., leaving us with that sinking feeling. Pray for us that all will be resolved.

Well, I bring this to a close in hopes that someone out there someday will actually take some time to read this thing, and maybe from time to time, even pray for the Ragsdale family as we go about our God given responsibilities here in the beautiful land of Africa.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog! It is good to see your family and interesting items that come up in daily life i.e. your "water bill"... May you get resolution soon and accurate readings. We pray for you, your family and ministry.

Your blog name is great!

Kevin and Robin McGee said...

I love it! I even love that we chose the same color/ layout scheme as you did, for our blog! Great name you chose for your blog! We love you guys and appreciate being in touch with you!!
- Kevin & Robin - in the land of Kenya AA coffee!! =)

Anonymous said...

What a great place to check in and catch up!

--Katy Pierce

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your blog. it is great! I must say that the name I passed on to you has been used lots of ways. This is a great use of the old family name!

Dad Rags

Anonymous said...

Hi there Rags Family! I finally found the link again that Carol gave me to your blog :) Now I'm going to settle in for some catching up...

Anonymous said...

DEAR OLD FRIEND FROM MY WAY WAY DISTANT PAST. HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT ICA AND THE FRIENDS THAT I MADE THERE? I MISS THOSE DAYS. YOU ARE LOOKING GOOD IN THESE PICS AND I AM PROUD TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN AFRICA. CHRISTY (NELSON) EDGEMAN